Tom Kelly and Mathew Passy break down some of the changes we heard this week following WWDC and an email from Apple Podcasts.
Some of the major headlines….
- Apple is killing iTunes and creating a separate podcast app.
- They are introducing machine learning search of the spoken content. (Credit Steve Goldstein of Amplifi Media)
- An email later that week revealed major category changes.
We also hit upon….
- Evo Terra’s advice for podcasters in light of this news
- James Cridland’s scathing rebuke of Apple
- Joel Sharpton’s efforts to get more LGBTQ+ categories
Lastly, we are going to make some changes to the Podcast Me Anything format. Stay tuned for a new time and date for the one-hour AMA and then we’ll just release some solid content as a regular podcast throughout the week.